Abseiling 2 - Intermediate Abseiling Course
- Duration : 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code : Abseiling2
If you want to learn the basics of abseiling and self rescue then this course is a must!
The ASM Intermediate Abseiling Course will allow you to learn and develop the important skills and techniques required to participate in more challenging abseiling activities and adventures. If you're into exploring canyons or caves or just want to go abseiling for the sheer fun of it, this course will help you do it! The ASM Advanced Abseiling Course is without rival in technical content and instructional quality.
We start with a short review of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceed to the more advanced instruction.
The course content will include:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- basic rescue and self rescue systems.
While there is some theory involved in this one-day course, all the training will take place on the cliffs. If you’re serious about becoming independent on the cliffs, then the ASM Intermediate Abseiling Course is a must.
All abseiling equipment is supplied as well as highly trained abseiling instructors to ensure your adventure is safe, fun and exhilarating.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!