Abseiling 2 - Introductory Abseiling Course
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code: Abseiling2
"I did a 1 day introductory abseiling course with these guys to refresh my skills and equipment knowledge and they were great. A small group meant the training could be tailored to our skill level and areas of interest. Guides were friendly and just generally awesome."
TripAdvisor Review - March 2017
If you want to learn the basics of abseiling and self rescue then this course is a must!
The ASM Introductory Abseiling Course will allow you to learn and develop the important skills and techniquesrequired to participate in more challenging abseiling activities and adventures. If you're into exploring canyons or caves or just want to go abseiling for the sheer fun of it, this course will help you do it! The ASM Introductory Abseiling Course is without rival in technical content and instructional quality.
We start with a short review of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceed to the more advanced training.
The course will teach you the necessary skills to:
- Select, fit and use abseiling equipment
- Select and rig suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- Identify & avoid hazards
- Manage risk & develop safe practices
- Back up your own abseils with self belay systems
- Belay other abseilers (Top & Bottom Belays)
- Deal with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- Perform basic partner and self rescues
While there is some theory involved in this one-day course, all the training will take place on the cliffs. If you’re serious about becoming independent on the cliffs, then the ASM Introductory Abseiling Course is a must!
- Prior abseiling experience is necessary for this course
- Basic understanding of knots is advantageous
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch
- Transport from and back to our office
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.