Abseiling 3 - Advanced Abseiling Course
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code : Abseiling3
Please note: this 2 day course includes Abseiling 2.
If you want to become a more skilled and technically experienced abseiler then this course is the next step!
The ASM Advanced Abseiling Course is a combination of the Advanced Abseiling Course & Abseiling Rescue Skills Course. The Advanced Abseiling Course is ideal for individuals who wish to take a more active role when participating with others in group abseiling activities.
We start with a short review of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceed to the more advanced instruction.
This 2 day course covers:
- selection, fitting and use of abseiling equipment
- selection and rigging of suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- hazard identification and avoidance
- risk management strategies
- self-belaying methods
- belay techniques for abseiling
- dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- basic rescue and self rescue systems.
- Rope handling
- Ascending Using Knots, Mechanical Ascenders and Improvised Methods
- Improvised Abseiling Methods
- Assisted Abseils
- Rescue Abseils
- Lowering and Raising systems
- Improvised Casualty Evacuation methods.
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc. After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!