Abseiling 3 - Advanced Abseiling Course
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code: Abseiling3
"Awesome course, learnt a lot and feel confident in what was taught. Instructor was knowledgeable and had a great teaching style. Looking forward to putting what was learnt into practice and participating in the next course!"
TripAdvisor Review - October 2016
If you want to become a more skilled and technically experienced abseiler then this course is the next step!
The ASM Advanced Abseiling Course is a combination of the Introductory Abseiling Course & Abseiling Rescue Skills Course. The Advanced Abseiling Course is ideal for individuals who wish to take a more active role when participating with others in group abseiling activities.
We start with a short review of your existing abseiling skills and knowledge and then proceed to the more advanced training.This 2 day course will teach you the necessary skills to:
- Select, fit and use abseiling equipment
- Select and rig suitable anchor systems and single pitch abseils
- Identify & avoid hazards
- Manage risk & develop safe practices
- Back up your own abseils with self belay systems
- Belay other abseilers (Top & Bottom Belays)
- Deal with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- Perform basic partner and self rescues
- Handle ropes efficiently
- Ascend ropes using improvised methods
- Improvise an abseil device
- Assist a stuck abseiler
- Perform rescue abseils
- Operate lowering and raising systems
- Improvise casualty evacuation methods
This course will give you advanced skills to ensure you can conduct your own adventures and make informed decisions to keep safe in vertical environments!
- Prior abseiling experience is necessary for this course
- Basic understanding of knots is advantageous
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch
- Transport from and back to our office
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.