Abseiling 2 - Rescue Skills Course
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code: Abseiling2
Trip Advisor Review - March 2017
The essential Rope Rescue skills, tips and tricks that all outdoor adventurers should know.
When things are at their worst you will need to be at your best and this course will show you how! The Abseil Rescue Skills Course covers the skills required by Abseilers, Canyoners and other ropes users to apply effective Self-Rescue techniques in the majority of emergency situations. The Abseil Rescue Skills Course is an important element of our highly recognised Abseiling 3 - Advanced Abseiling Course.
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to:
- Handle ropes efficiently
- Ascend ropes using improvised methods
- Improvise an abseil device
- Assist a stuck abseiler
- Perform rescue abseils
- Operate lowering and raising systems
- Improvise casualty evacuation methods
You will learn that in an emergency simply being able to abseil and prussik just isn't enough!
- Prior abseiling experience is necessary for this course
- Basic understanding of knots is advantageous
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.