Rock 3 - Comprehensive 4 Day Course
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code: Rock3
Emma P - TripAdvisor Review, January 2017
The most complete Rock Climbing course you will ever attend! This comprehensive four day course is a combination of our Rock 1 & 2 Courses.
The Rock 3 Comprehensive Course is the perfect extended instructional program, which is suitable for participants with little or no previous climbing experience. Rock 3 is also great training for participants who wish to convert from indoor climbing walls to real rock.
We visit some of the best climbing venues in the Blue Mountains offering you the finest climbing instruction and completing some great classic rock climbs along the way. Each day we sample some of the finest climbs on offer in the Blue Mountains. We combine and extend the contents of our Rock 1 and Rock 2 Courses to bring you four days of concentrated climbing activity and instruction. This course provides the relative newcomer with a comprehensive rock climbing background. If you are serious about becoming a dedicated rock climber then Rock 3 is for you!
This course will teach you the necessary skills required to:
- Select, fit and use climbing equipment
- Tie the essential knots for climbing
- Set up a belay anchor
- Safely belay your climbing partner with correct "5 step" technique
- Communicate clearly with your climbing partner
- Safely lower your climbing partner off rock climbs
- Use hand & footholds efficiently
- Move your body to maximise upward progression
- Utilise a variety of climbing techniques such as crack climbing, lay-backing and smearing
- Rig Top rope climbing anchors
- Belay a lead climber
- Clear a belay station on a multi-pitch climb
- Remove climbing protection & "second" a multi-pitch rock climb
- Use various types of climbing protection such as Cams & Nuts
- Management advanced rope systems
- Select appropriate rock climbs
- Assess hazards in a vertical environment
- Abseil (for those who have not previously Abseiled)
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunches
- Transport from and back to our office
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.