Rock - Mt Arapiles - 7 Day Climbing Course
- Duration : 7 Days (approx.)
- Product code : Arapiles
This trip runs with a minimum of 2 participants- We suggest booking in with a friend to ensure you get to attend on your preferred date!
Jutting out of the flat Wimmera Plains of North Western Victoria is Mt Arapiles, a sun soaked cliff line offering some of the best rock climbing in Australia. Known for its classic traditional routes, Araps is the best place in Australia to learn trad climbing, as it has an abundance of routes of all grades with excellent gear placements.
ASM is running a week-long climbing trip to Arapiles, suitable for those with minimal outdoor climbing experience to those wishing to learn to lead climb. Imagine experiencing your first lead climbs under the professional guidance of an ASM instructor at this internationally recognised climbing destination. If you are not yet up to leading, you will be seconding (following the guide) on some of the best climbs Araps has to offer.
At what ever level you climb, this trip will teach you more climbing and technical skills than you can probably imagine! And what better way to learn than in a great location on the most classic climbs in Australia, and at the end of the day, relax with fellow climbers at the (in)famous campground below the Mount. With no more than three to four participants with each guide, you are ensured of getting plenty of personal instruction with the highly experienced guides at ASM. This will allow you to learn at your own pace, and for us to cater for participants of varying levels of experience. This trip will be a truly enjoyable and memorable experience.Topics covered will include:
- Cliff edge and safety awareness
- Safety checks
- Route selection and guidebook usage
- Seconding a leader on single- and multi-pitch climbs
- Various methods of descending
- Anchor selection and placement
- Use of removable protection
- Improvised rope rescue techniques
- Belaying techniques including lead belaying
- Environmental awareness
- Lead climbing techniques (for those ready to learn to lead) including gear placement, runners and rope management, safety considerations, belaying from above.
- Return transport to Mt Arapiles from Horsham (additional information can be provided about transport to Horsham from Melbourne Airport)
- Tasty meals each day with breakfasts on all but the first day, lunch every day, and dinner on all but the last day
- Qualified and professional instructors, with extremely low ratios of 1:3 or 1:4 guide to participant (depending on the topic) to provide you with the best possible experience and to cater for a range of levels
- All technical equipment including harness, ropes, helmet, carabiners and belay device, chalkbag and rock protection (nuts, cams, quickdraws, etc.)
- Camping fees
Call our office on (02) 4782 2014 to find out if this trip suits you!