Canyon 2 - Intermediate Canyon Skills
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code : Canyon2
If you want to take up canyoning as a recreational activity, or want to build upon your existing canyon skills, then this is the place to start!
This 2 Day course will make you a more useful participant in canyon expedition groups, with a focus on self management skills & hazard avoidance. You will also gain the necessary skills to undertake your own introductory canyon trips.
Our Canyon 2 course starts with a review of skills & experience before proceeding on to our comprehensive training content.
Course content covers:
- Canyon abseil anchors (removing old & building new)
- Retrievable Rope Systems
- Rigging for rescue & efficiency
- Self-belaying methods
- Self rescue techniques
- Belay systems for others
- Dealing with emergencies such as a “stuck” abseiler
- Basic rescue systems
- Rope handling
- Ascending ropes using Improvised Methods
- Improvised Abseiling Methods
- Rescue Abseils
- Lowering and Raising systems
- Hazard identification and avoidance
- Risk management strategies
This course is unrivalled for its efficient delivery of vital canyoning skills. Canyoners both experienced and new will leave this course with a much greater skill set!
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc. After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!