Winter - Snow Camping & Survival
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: SnowSurvival
The winter alpine landscape can be as dangerous as it is beautiful. Our guides and instructors are experts in this field!
This course will teach you the skills required to:
- Prepare for alpine expeditions
- Travel across snow and ice using snow shoes & gear sleds
- Understand basic snow navigation techniques
- Prepare an alpine base camp & erect 4 season tents
- Prepare improvised snow shelters
- Fit and use crampons for snow travel & ice climbing
- Ascend & Descend using crampons and ice axes
- Arrest a fall with an ice axe
- Have a basic understanding of avalanche risks and awareness
- Assess hazards in the alpine environment
- Treat common First Aid scenarios including hypothermia, snow-blindness and other winter related injuries.
- Cook food and find water in the winter snowscape.
- Moderate Fitness
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Food for the duration of the expedition
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.