Winter - Snow Camping & Survival
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: SnowSurvival
(This course is only available in Winter through the month of July.)
This course will teach you the skills required to:
- Prepare for alpine expeditions
- Travel across snow and ice using snow shoes & gear sleds
- Understand basic snow navigation techniques
- Prepare an alpine base camp & erect 4 season tents
- Prepare improvised snow shelters
- Fit and use crampons for snow travel & ice climbing
- Ascend & Descend using crampons and ice axes
- Arrest a fall with an ice axe
- Have a basic understanding of avalanche risks and awareness
- Use avalanche beacons and snow probes
- Assess hazards in the alpine environment
- Treat common First Aid scenarios including hypothermia, snow-blindness and other winter related injuries.
- Cook food and find water in the winter snowscape.
- Moderate Fitness
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Food for the duration of the expedition
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.