Winter - Ski Touring - 3 Day Introductory Course
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 3DaySki
(This course is only available in Winter through the month of August.)
Escape the expensive crowded resorts and enter backcountry bliss.
This course consists of three consecutive daytrips and is aimed at adventurous, competent skiers and boarders looking to learn the essential required to make the most out of backcountry day trips.
This 3 day course will teach you the skills necessary to:
- Select & prepare Backcountry ski gear
- Use essential techniques for 'skinning up' and 'skiing down'
- Interpret weather forecasts and understand the risk involved with alpine weather
- Understand avalanche hazards and rescue
- Utilise basic alpine navigation techniques
- Prepare for alpine ski adventures
- Assess hazards in alpine environments
Participants on this course will leave with the skills to confidently and safely head out for day missions into the back country.
- Moderate Fitness
- Previous skiing experience
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Food for the duration of the expedition
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.