Guide Single Pitch Canyoning Qualification
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code: CanyonQual
ASM offers Single Pitch Canyon Guide qualifications through a partnership with 5 Star Training and Consulting Pty Ltd (RTO ID 91664).
This course is $1495 for those with the pre-requisite Certificate III Abseiling qualification. If you require both Abseil & Canyon qualifications this course is $1695.
This training is designed for professional outdoor instructors, outdoor centre staff, teachers, defence personnel, outdoor club leaders and other professional and recreational based users who want to gain the skills of a Single Pitch Canyoning Guide and a nationally recognised qualification.
This qualification integrates current industry best practice with the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- SISOCAY302A Apply vertical canyoning skills
- SISOCAY303A Establish belays in canyons
- SISOCAY304A Guide single pitch canyoning trips
- SISONAV201A Demonstrate navigational skills in a controlled environment
- SISOVTR301A Perform vertical rescues
This training is appropriate for those with previous abseiling, canyoning and/or other roping experience. Prior experience in a guiding or supervisory capacity is also of benefit.
The training is delivered as a five day intensive of technical training followed by a minimum of three days work experience and private practice. The assessment is two days and incorporates simulated rigging and rescue scenarios as well as a day guiding clients of ASM. Work experience and Assessments can be conducted at your leisure once the training block is completed.
Upon payment of your course deposite you are also entitled to 20% off at our partner store - Paddy Pallin Katoomba.
- Previous Abseiling & Canyoning experience
- Comfortable at heights
- Basic understanding of common knots
- Ideal base of knowledge is our Abseil 3 course or Canyon 3 course or similar
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunch
- Transport from and back to our office
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.