TIO - Climber's Self-Rescue Course!
- Duration: 18 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Barrenjoey, Sydney, NSW
- Product code: Climber-Self-Rescue-
This Climber Self-Rescue week-end course is comprised of 2 day outdoors.
The ASM Climber's Self-Rescue Course is designed to provide you and your climbing partners with the vital skills required to initiate a Self Rescue in virtually any climbing related scenario. This course is suitable for all climbers, whether you're into sport, adventure, or top-roping, every recreational climber will benefit from this training! Let ASM help you to become a more self-reliant climber.
This course will teach you the necessary skills to:
- Build and operate an Improvised Self-Rescue Kit
- Understand required knots for Self Rescue
- Build and utilise advanced anchor systems
- Ascend and descend a rope using improvised methods
- Anticipating and Minimise Risk
- Escape The Belay to become free from the Rope System
- Assess Incidents to make appropriate rescue decisions
- Access a casualty in the vertical environment
- Operate lowering and raising Systems
- Rescue your seconding climber
- Rescue the leading climber
- Improvise carrying systems for evacuation
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Instructors
- All Technical Equipment
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.