Rock - Learn To Lead Sport - 2 Day Course
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code : L2LSport
Sport climbing is undoubtedly the most popular form of climbing the world over. The thrill and challenge of lead climbing, with the security of pre-placed bolts, allows the climber to push themselves both physically and mentally.
If you regularly climb outdoors as a second or on top-rope at least to grade 16 confidently, and would like to take the next step, our sport climbing course will teach the essentials for leading bolted sport routes.
- Runner placement and clipping methods
- Cleaning a route
- Threading/cleaning an anchor
- Stances for clipping/conserving energy
- Safety considerations (rope positioning, leader falls)
- Belaying methods for lead climbing
- Route selection and assessment
Intending participants should have previous Rock Climbing and Abseiling experience and be able to second/top rope to at least grade 16.
All technical equipment is supplied as well as highly trained instructors to ensure your adventure is safe, fun and exhilarating.
We’ll also picnic amid the beautiful bush, with a tasty lunch supplied- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!