Rock - Learn To Lead Sport - 2 Day Course
- 天數: 2 天 (左右)
- 位置: Katoomba, NSW
- 产品编号: L2LSport
If you regularly climb outdoors as a second or on top-rope at least to grade 16 confidently, and would like to take the next step, our sport climbing course will teach the essentials for leading bolted sport routes.
- Undertake sport climbing as a recreational activity
- Select and assess appropriate sport climbing routes
- Understand fall factors involved with lead climbing
- Identify & manage risks involved within sport climbing
- Position your rope and self for lead belaying
- Utilise correct belay technique for lead climbing on tubular (ATC style) & assisted breaking (Gri-Gri style) devices
- Conserve energy and utilise efficient stances for clipping
- Efficiently use quick draws & your climbing rope
- Thread & clean sport climbing anchors
- Clean your equipment from sport climbing routes
Technical Grade: Medium
Fitness Grade: Medium
Time: 2 Days
- Good fitness is necessary for this course
- Previous climbing & Abseiling experience
- Reasonable understanding of basic climbing knots
- Experience climbing indoor or outdoor top rope climbs of at least grade 15
- Experience lead climbing indoors advantageous but not necessary!
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunches
We provide all specialist personal and group abseiling equipment including harnesses, helmets, etc.
After we process your booking an information sheet detailing specific equipment and dress requirements will be sent to you.
Lunch is also provided on this adventure- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
If you do not receive an immediate booking confirmation you may be the opening booking for this activity, our office will contact you shortly to confirm your booking.