Rock - Climber's Self Rescue Course
- Duration : 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- Product code : ClimbSelfRescue
This trip runs with a minimum of 2 participants- We suggest booking in with a friend to ensure you get to attend on your preferred date!
If you don't receive an automatic confirmation, you are likely the first booking for this activity- Please call us on 0247 822 014!
So you own a mega rack, you've mastered slabs and cracks and you've got your leading honed? Then now is the time to learn some really important climbing skills!
Climbing is great fun when it works like it should! But what happens when it goes wrong? Are you ready? Are you prepared? You've got yourself into trouble, now can you get yourself out? Could you improvise a system to raise an exhausted climbing partner? How about escaping from the belay? Do you know the safest options for retrieving a stuck rope? Can you rescue an unconscious lead climber? You owe it to yourself and your climbing friends to learn these rescue skills!
The ASM Climber's Self-Rescue Course is designed to provide you and your climbing partners with the vital skills required to initiate a Self Rescue in virtually any climbing related scenario. This course is suitable for all climbers, whether you're into sport, adventure, or top-roping, every recreational climber will benefit from this training! Let ASM help you to become a more self-reliant climber.
The subjects covered in the course will include:
- Rope & Rack - Your Improvised Self-Rescue Kit
- Useful Knots for Self Rescue
- Advanced Anchor Workshop - What Holds it all Together
- Advanced Prussiking - The Latest Skills for Climbers
- Climber Risk Management - Anticipating and Minimising Risk
- Escaping The Belay - Getting Free of the Rope System
- Incident Assessment - Making The Right Decisions
- Casualty Access - Aiding the Fallen
- Climber Rescue - Lowering and Raising Systems
- Training Scenarios - Rescuing The Second / Rescuing The Leader
- Evacuation - Improvised Carrying Systems
- Some Essentials - Little Things That Make a Big Difference!
All technical equipment is supplied as well as highly trained instructors to ensure your adventure is safe, fun and exhilarating.
We’ll also picnic amid the beautiful bush, with a tasty lunch supplied- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!